Translate

Monday 6 March 2017

The Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2


The Book of Deuteronomy



 Chapter 2




After you had stayed at Kadesh as Many days as you did, ¹ we journeyed back into the wilderness, in the direction of the Red Sea, as the LORD had told me and skirted Mount Seir for many days.



(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verse 1)


Oh God I thank You for being always by my side, for in some way or another You always gave me directions that helped me out of my state of Egypt and wilderness. Amen may I always be obedient to Your instructions Amen.



² Then the LORD said to me; ³ "You have been skirting this hill long enough. Head north, ⁴ and charge the people as follows: You are about to pass through the territory of your kindred, the descendants of Esau, who live in Seir. They will be afraid of you, so, be very careful ⁵ not to engage in battle with them, for I will not give you even so much as a foot's length of their land, since I have given Mount Seir to Esau as a possession.



(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verses 2 to 5)



Oh God, my Father I thank You for making me aware that the time of the big decision has finally arrived. I have also been skirting the population that You have entrusted to me. It is now time to charge. I thank You for Your instructions which are valid for my situation. I pray that You help me to engage lovingly with any form of provocation for such people are also going to be afraid of me. I pray for Your physical and spiritual protection my God and Father.


⁶ You shall purchase food from them for money, so that you may eat; and you shall also buy water from them for money, so that you may drink.


(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verse 6)


Oh God my beloved Father may we mingle with the people of the earth, may we also share in what they have to offer, but may we never imitate the values and practice of people who may not believe in You Amen.


⁷ Surely the LORD your God has blessed you in all your undertakings; he knows your going through this great wilderness. These forty years the LORD your God has been with you; you have lacked nothing."



(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verse 7) 



 Oh God my Father, You are aware of all my comings and goings, as much as You aware of all the sufferings that I am enduring in order to remain faithful to the confirmation that I gave at the time of my marriage. However, it is becoming too much to endure. Although You lacked me in nothing throughout these fourteen years, I feel hated and unloved by this woman whom You wanted me to marry. There is nothing left for me apart from my daughter Maria whom I greatly love and do not want to see her heart broken. However, My own heart is also broken and I do not know how much more it can take. I pray for Your deliverance in this situation my beloved Lord and God Amen.



 So we passed by our kin, the descendants of Esau who live in Seir, leaving behind the route of the Arabah, and leaving behind Elath and Ezion-geber. When we had headed out along the route of the wilderness of Moab, ⁹ the LORD said to me; "Do not harass Moab or engage them in battle, for I will not give you any of its land as a possession, since I have given Ar as a possession to the descendants of Lot."



(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verses 8 to 9)



Oh God, my beloved Father, when You call us to follow You, we look at the world as if it is a stranger to us. In the process of following You, there is a process of leaving and cleaving. Gradually we leave behind us the ways and values of the world, in order to cling to what is Yours, my God and Father. Amen. 



Moreover, my God and Father when You permit us to engage in confrontations or even not to do so, this is always a part of Your plan for our salvation. You love us so much that You do not permit us to experience more than we can bear to experience Amen. I thank You for being so loving and merciful Amen.



¹⁰ (The Emim-a large and numerous people, as tall as the Anakim-had formerly inhabited it. ¹¹ Like the Anakim, they are usually reckoned as Rephaim, though the Moabites call them Emim. 



(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verses 10 to 11)



Oh God, my Father, brothers and sisters, our obstacles in life may have been labeled with many different names such as disorders, diseases or any other form of label or description, such as poverty or discrimination. However, this is only according to human reasoning and perception. You oh God my Father has the power to change that negative label into a positive one, for You see our circumstances from a different perception than us. I pray that I adopt this can do positive attitude in my life and focus on what can be done more than on what might happen or the buts if this is done, while still being aware of the consequences of actions in a responsible way Amen. 



¹² Moreover the Horim had formerly inhabited Seir, but the descendants of Esau dispossessed them, destroying them and settling in their place, as Israel has done in the land that the LORD gave them as a possession.)


(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verse 12) 



Ever since humans became humans since the time of our creation we have witnessed world conqerors taking control of other lands and forcing the natives to move out of their homeland. If we could only imagine oh God my Father how challenging it is to have to move out of where you hand considered to be at home and start again in a foreign country or nation with its own culture and values. Oh God in this world we are also strangers living in a foreign land for our home is heaven and not earth. Amen.



¹³ "Now then proceed to cross over the Wadi Zered." So we crossed the Wadi Zered.


(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verse 13) 



Oh God my Father, at times I may become tired of waiting for You to intervene, in a particular situation, however when You give the go ahead things will start moving. You are always acting in my respect and on my behalf. You are a fair and righteous God. I had been consulting with my lawyer who was guiding me how to manage the pending issue of my marriage, however my wife was still not aware. However in order to be fair with both of us, You permitted my wife to become aware of what was going on. She found out and You saved me from the stress of having to her myself going into much detail along with the endured stress which right now is not healthy for me. I thank You for giving the go ahead for the wheels to start moving Amen. Thank You Jesus. 


¹⁴  And the length of time we had travelled from Kadesh-barnea until we crossed the Wadi Zered was thirty-eight years, until the entire generation of warriors had perished from the camp, as the LORD had sworn concerning them.



(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verse 14) 



Oh God my beloved Father, it took Your chosen people 38 years to cross the Wadi Zered which was an important milestone in their life, I wonder how much longer I will have to wait till we are called for mediation. I am waiting and hoping my God and Father Amen. 



¹⁵ Indeed, the LORD's own hand was against them, to root them out from the camp, until all had perished.


(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verse 15)



Oh God my Father we all live and die for a purpose, apparently our course in life, is to live until we have played our role the purpose for You having had to create us, then we are ready to leave the stage, so that other actors can act their part. I pray that before I leave the stage I will have acted my part to the utmost and would have served as a worthy in Your hand Amen.



¹⁶ Just as soon as all the warriors had died off from among the people, ¹⁷the LORD spoke to me, saying, ¹⁸ "Today you are going to cross the boundary of Moab at Ar.



 (Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verses 16 to 18)



Oh God my beloved Father your ways and timing is different from our ways and timing, which is why I do not always understand why things happen during a certain period of my life and not before or after. When Israel's security had faltered when all their warriors had died off only then could they make the crossing towards the promised land. In turn when all my securities have ceased to exist when I have placed my full trust and security in You only then will my salvation come. I thank You God for being so patient as to wait for me to exhaust all my cards and to end up with my back to the wall with nowhere else to go so that I can depend totally on You my God and Father. Amen.


 ¹⁹ When you approach the frontier of the Ammonites, do not harrass them or engage them to battle, for I will not give the land of the Ammonites to you as a possession, because I have given it to the descendants of Lot.

 

(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verse 19) 



Oh God my beloved Father, by means of this verse You are teaching me not to engage in unneccessary arguments or quarrels but to focus on what is important and necessary. I thank You for this warning that You are preparing me for especially for Thursday's mediation. Amen.
 
  

²⁰ (It also is usually reckoned as a land of Rephaim. Rephaim formerly inhabited it,  the Ammonites call them Zamzummim, ²¹ a strong and numerous people, as tall as the Anakim. But the LORD destroyed them from before the Ammonites so that they could dispossess them and settle in their place.




(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verses 20 to 21)



Oh God my Father in myself there are also still areas that are still inhabited by my Ammonites, these are my feelings and my carnal desires, that I still have not enough control over. However in Your name I can evict them out of their territories that they now possess and free that area from their possession once and for all Amen. In Your name shall this be done Amen.
 

²² He did the same for the descendants of Esau, who live in Seir, by destroying the Horim before them so that they could dispossess them and settle in their place even to this day.


(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verses 22)



Oh God my beloved Father, and my avenger, today You have shown me that even though I plan to do this and that, it is Your will that will be done and not mine. You can chose who will settle in a particular land, and who will have to move on. Amen. May I be always subject to Your obedience Amen.


²³ As for the Avvim, who had lived in the settlements in the vicinity of Gaza, the Caphtorim, who came from Caphtor, destroyed them and settled in their place.)


(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verse 23)


Oh God my blessed Father, Your ways are not our ways and our ways are not like yours. This makes it not easy to always understand Your ways, however, in time You always show me Your reasons for permitting me to chose this over that and for making me take this opportunity instead of the other Amen. Thank You, Jesus.


²⁴ "Proceed on your journey and cross the Wadi Arnon. See I have handed over to you King Sihon the Amorite of Heshbon, and his land. Begin to take possession by engaging him in battle.



(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verse 24)



Oh God my blessed Father, brothers and sisters, followers of this blog, today might be the day when God is telling us to face our fears and overcome them in his name and take action to overcome them, whatever the challenge may be. Amen. Today is the day of action Amen.


²⁵ This day I will begin to put the dread and fear of you upon the peoples everywhere under heaven; when they hear report of you, they will tremble and be in anguish because of you."


(Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 2 verse 25)



Oh God my beloved Father, I thank You for Your non-violent ways of protecting us. Without being violent other nations would be afraid of them. I pray oh God my Father, that others on meeting me will see an image of You and show love care and respect Amen. 



Kindly click on the following link in order to move on to the second chapter of the book of Deuteronomy verses 26 to 37

The Second Chapter of the Book of Deuteronomy verses 26 to 37



 

 









No comments:

Post a Comment